Monday, August 23, 2010

Another Amazing week at the MTC

Another great week at the MTC.... just... doin' the whole training thing. I've certainly learned more about the gospel and my purpose as a missionary..... not so much of spanish... but the foundation is being laid. :)
I have seen Elder Murphy, Elder Fraiser (ALL the time I see him!), Adam Bahr, Erick Hollenbaugh (a FANTASTIC accident), Kyle Welch, and lots of random sisters from college. It's so fun and sweet to see them here.
Joel- I work with the Argentina missionaries a lot- they are GREAT- you will love them. :)
Morgan- to answer your question... I basically wake up and study, and study, and pray, and study the gospel some more.... and practice teaching lessons... practice some spanish... go to sleep, wake up and do it all over again.. and LOVE every moment of it. :)
It is more secure... but still tentative that I will be going to the Guatamala MTC on Sept. 7th. My whole district is going to the Peru MTC (they're all serving in either Peru or Ecuador- I'm the loner. ) on Sept. 1st.... so I will probably be a solo sister and have to tag along with another district for a week. I guess there was big miscommunication between various parties... and I wasn't supposed to be leaving here until the middle of October (so maybe I would have been with Joel? MAYBE the same zone? ).... which means I was accidently put in the Provo MTC way too early. Yet, I've heard from friends of missionaries that they don't have a mission nurse in El Salvador West right now and that it's becoming a bit of a situation... so maybe that's why I'm going early. I don't know- but it all happens for a reason- and I'm ready to roll with it. Even if it means having to stay here in Provo the whole 9 weeks- whatever the Lord wants!
I am SO sure that my companions were sent for me. Sister Grimes is SO humble and meek... she is cautious and pensive about everything she says and does. She is quiet, but when she says something- it's because she has something VERY meaningful to say- and it makes everyone drop silent and hang off of every word. She is the exact opposite of me. I love it. I am learning so much from them and am SO grateful that the Lord is allowing me this time with them.
I have met many missionaries from El Salvador and Guatamala that are here learning english to serve there missions here in the states- and they are the most joyous and openly loving people I have ever met. It makes me even MORE zealous to get out there and start serving and loving those beautiful children of God. I love the MTC. I miss the missionary work I was involved with at home... I often think I felt like much more of a missionary at home than I do right now and here surrounded by other missionaries (though we certainly teach and testify to each other)... but I love being a missionary and I love being here. I LOVE LOVE LOVE walking throughout the campus and hearing this chorus in perfect harmony of various languages at once- all testifying of Christ. I hear missionaries that are learning Finish or Chinese... Japanese, tagolog, Korean.... and they are already witnessing of Christ and speaking that language so beautifully so fast- truly the Lord is in charge of this work and is already working through these young people!!!
Welp... I love you all so much! You are always in my prayers. I would love to hear from you... anytime. DearElder works great... really fast and easy.... if you... ever wanna drop me a word or two? :)
Love for all eternity,
Hermana Clark

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading your blog. My daughter, Crystal Bush is currently serving in the same mission. She is not a nurse, but trained with the previous nurse, who went home in August. They did get a second nurse in the mission when the previous nurse went home. Crystal, who is a clinical lab science major, was happy to hear that another nurse might be coming soon. I think in the past they've had two nurses, and that was a good situation. I'll let her know that it looks like help is on the way! If you'd like to visit her blog, she is at elamordelsalvador.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete